Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sleeve Detail


A good friend came in to my office today wearing a blouse with this great sleeve detail.
I should tell you that, she has, over the past year lost over 100 pounds through the time-honored method of portion control and moderate exercise. (Successful as she is, even she doesn't have the magic pill.) As her new shape emerges she is starting to wear some of the cutest clothes in the best colours! This blouse was no exception.
As you can see, it really is a simple adaptation of a classic gathered sleeve. Instead of gathering the bottom, the fullness has been taken in with box pleats, and topped with a button-embellished tab. Cute!!!
Lynette advises that when I do this, I should also make the back full enough to gather at the waist with the same pleat treatment.
"When I do this"?????
Right.
I'll just put that on the list.

[yeah, I'm going to do this,]

No comments:

Post a Comment